we are good at taking brain breaks and kinda-sorta forgot to post about this
Coming up very soon is the Bouncy House of Representatives. It’s a mix of music (by EarVelvet), bouncy castles and fursuits. This is where The Pool Party (which became Get Out The Float) began, so long ago. Registration is open! The cost is $15/person.
Fri July 12, 2019
9 pm: Setup & Pump It Up in Beaverton, 9665 Allen Blvd Suite 110 Beaverton, OR 97007
9:30 pm: Event begins
10:00 pm: Any food orders (at your own cost) placed w/ Pump It Up
11:00 pm: Food delivered
12:30 am: Wrap up & pack out
1:00 am: Go poof in a puff of logic
Sat July 13, 2019
TBD: The hotel pool is mostly shaded, so event organizers may be found floating there. There is another group that is in the process of organizing something for this day. Keep an eye out for updates here and via Twitter!
Hotel Details for July 12th-14th, 2019
Comfort Inn of Beaverton
13455 SW Tualatin Valley Highway
Beaverton, OR 97005
No room block – make your reservation using your best discount available. To be placed near the rest of our group, make sure to add “Get Out The Float” to your room’s special instructions while reserving your room.
get out the float 2019
Please clicky on our link to go to our registration form; what follows are a few additional details about some stuff found on the form.
- Fursuit Friendly Areas & Events:
- Sandpiper Room, Best Western Ocean View Resort (+headless lounge)
- Fursuit Walk (Saturday), (+headless lounge at Carousel Mall)
- Chisholm Community Center (Sunday) (+headless lounge)
- Inflatable Friendly Areas & Events:
- Sandpiper Room, Best Western
- Chisholm Community Center (Sunday)
- Sunset Empire Pool (Sunday)
- Exceptions: Some events exclude fursuits and inflatables by their nature.
- Fursuit Walk excludes inflatables
- Sunset Empire Pool excludes fursuits
- Laser Tag excludes fursuits and inflatables
What does it mean that an area is fursuit friendly? In part it means that we have headless lounge nearby and that you are likely to find help from a handler or attendee if you need some quick help. Those in the area should generally know fursuit etiquette (excluding the public).
What does it mean that an area is inflatable friendly? It means that the area is reserved for private use. Inflatables are prone to being badly damaged or destroyed outright by singular acts (such as jumping on them), the general public seems less cognizant of this than furries. Inflatable etiquette is not common even among furries, but is more prevalent. Inflatable friendly areas also have access to electricity and Airheads Anonymous (or toysitters) who will direct setup and packout of the toys.